Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Still waiting

Well May is coming to an end and we are still waiting for our USCIS approval.  I know the people at USCIS said it would only take a week or two, but they were wrong.  I have checked with a couple other friends who are waiting or have already waited and they say it could take up to 9 weeks for this piece of paper to come.  It was so cute yesterday in the car the kids were talking about how we would open presents with their Rwandan brother and sister here for Christmas.  I had to inform them that they probable would not be here for Christmas this year, because our paperwork was not in Rwanda.  They asked why it was taking so long to get there?? Well I tried to explain how slow paperwork moves through a gov't.  So we have been waiting 4 weeks now and on Memorial day it will be 5 weeks.  But like the song says, we will be faithful while we wait!! So we are gearing up for our garage sale on June 4-5 and we have already received many donations from wonderful friends.  I pray for each one of them to be blessed because of there generosity, and we are excitedly watching to see how God works through this garage sale!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your endurance through this wait! We were told it would take 8-12 weeks (this was last May, I think), and it came in 9...so I counted it a blessing that it didn't take the full 12. Argh!

    ReplyDelete